Air fresheners whether in spray, plug-in, or aerosol form, they often contain a cocktail of harmful chemicals. These chemicals, such as formaldehyde, benzene, and phthalates, can release toxic fumes into the air we breathe, posing potential health risks.
While air fresheners may temporarily mask unpleasant odours, they do not address the root cause of the problem. Rather than tackling the odour-causing bacteria, these products merely cover up the smell, leading to a false sense of cleanliness.
Instead, adopting a long-term solution that focuses on eliminating the source of odours will lead to a fresher and healthier living space. This is where our Organic Disinfectant Cleaner comes in! It removes bad smells by killing the odour causing bacteria. You can add essential oils to create your own very effective, natural and beautifully scented air-freshener.
HOW TO ADD SCENT TO RESPARKLE'S ORGANIC DISINFECTANT
1. Add 1 to 2 pumps of the concentrate to our spray bottle
2. Add 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oils
3. Gently swirl to mix the oils with our concentrate
4. Add 200ml of clean water (filtered if possible)
5. Ready to use!
Here are some best essential oil recipe ideas for a fresher smelling home:
1. BEST BLEND TO ELIMINATE PET ODOURS
(note: some pets are sensitive to essential oils)
Recipe blend #1:
- 5 drops of orange oil
- 5 drops of rosemary oil
- 2 drops of lemongrass oil
- 5 drops of lavender
- 5 drops of orange
- 2 drops of cedarwood
2. BEST BLENDS TO ELIMINATE MUSTY ODOURS
Carpets or any soft furnishing in your home like couches, mattresses can get get dirty and the number one reason the house smells musty and off.
This DIY freshener made with essential oils that will have your home smelling fresh and clean plus it is inexpensive to make.
Here are my favourite Essential oil blends for that clean spa-like smell for your home.
5 Lemon + 5 Eucalyptus
5 Rosemary + 10 Citrus Fresh
2 Lavender + 10 Lemon + 5 Peppermint
3. BEST BLENDS TO USE IN THE BATHROOM
When considering the best oils to pull together for the bathroom, you’ll want to choose those that have strong cleaning/disinfecting qualities, as well as those whose scents really brighten up and freshen the space.
Using these heavy-hitting, disinfecting oils along with our disinfectant are great for clearing away harmful viruses, bacteria and fungi, plus they’re great at fighting against the build-up of mold and mildew.
- Lemon— mixes well with bergamot, peppermint, and lemongrass
- Eucalyptus—mix with peppermint or lavender
- Tea tree—add to bergamot, peppermint, or lavender
- Lemongrass— mixes well with peppermint, lemon, and basil
- Thyme—combines well with any citrus
- Peppermint—add in some eucalyptus, lemon, grapefruit, or bergamot
Learn more about our revolutionary organic disinfectant HERE.