Love smoothies but finding it too cold to have them in winter? In fact, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, it’s so important to keep our insides warm especially in winter. That means cold drinks are not ideal.
That said, you’d love this Spicy Chai Tea Smoothie, tasty, warming and healthy all at the same time. What’s more this vitamin- and antioxidant-packed smoothie will give your immune system a boost so you stay healthy during the cold winter. Enjoy!
SPICY CHAI TEA SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and coconut almond milk)
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 very-ripe frozen banana
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 inch ginger
- Heat your milk on the stove for for a minute or two in the microwave, just until it is hot and steam.
- Put the tea bag in the milk and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Combine the tea milk, banana (cut into chunks), ginger and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.