Speed Cleaning Tips for Mums & Mums-To-Be
There’s no denying mum life is wonderful, rewarding and full of all the good things in life.
It’s also full of mess. A lot of mess.
There’s the cooking, the wiping down of benches, the cleaning of floors, the washing of incredibly stained clothing…the list goes on.
With all the cleaning and loving, it’s no wonder mums get so very tired. Fear not though mama, we’re by your side. We’ve compiled the ultimate list of speed cleaning hacks to give you more time for the essentials in life like; scrolling through Instagram, enjoying a hot coffee in peace and also, sleep. Sleep….mmmm…sleeeeep.
Clutter can easily overwhelm the house, especially with small kids and their toys and knick-knacks fighting for all the space! It’s amazing the kind of effect minimising clutter has, both on the home and your mindset. Start out with a thorough clean-out. If you do this first, upkeep should be relatively simple. In the long-run, it will speed up the whole cleaning process. Trust us!
– Be prepared with cardboard boxes, storage boxes and even a few wicker baskets (or storage boxes/baskets that suit your decor)
– Work one room/area on at a time.
– Assess the area and notice what does not have a place or what’s taking up precious bench/tablespace.
– Go through each item and sort it accordingly. We would suggest a rubbish/donate pile, a storage pile and an essential pile.
– Anything that isn’t needed but you want to keep, place in the storage box. Make sure it’s clearly labelled for future reference. Put this box away into a cupboard, shed or even the attic.
– Sort all rubbish. Donate items that are usable. Recycle what you can!
– Sort all items you’d like to keep in the room into baskets or decorative storage boxes and display neatly. Think pens, paperwork, toys, phone chargers and so on.
– Repeat this in every room.
Keep cleaning essentials handy
Part of the dilemma when it comes to cleaning is the thought of physically locating all of the required cleaning products and dragging them from room to room. Are we right? A smart solution to this is to keep a stash in every bathroom, bedroom and the kitchen. That way, when you have a spare minute you can quickly scrub the bath, wipe down the benches and so on.
An even wiser move? Invest in an Ultimate Natural All-Purpose Cleaning Kit. Our toxin-free formula is effective and safe on all surfaces within the home. Having one plant-powered product which targets the whole home reduces clutter AND saves you from investing in every product under the sun.
If you’re worried that if it’s natural it won’t clean? Check out the short video below:
Get the family involved
You know what they say, a family who cleans together…. saves Mums sanity? We suggest blocking out one morning a week to tackle the larger tasks together. Then? Just concentrate on the day-to-day during the week.
A weekly clean should include:
– Vacuuming & mopping
– Scrubbing the bathroom
– Washing, folding and putting away all laundry (bonus points to anyone who actually achieves this in 1 day!)
– Wiping down all benches
– Dusting all surfaces
– Sorting through clutter
– Changing all bedlinen
Now, if you have little ones this can be a challenge. We suggest getting children involved once they hit 3. They can assist with wiping down benches (all Resparkle products are 100% natural and safe to use with children) and putting toys away for example. Husbands and partners on the other hand? There’s no “get out of jail free” card available to them so make sure you’re splitting the weekly clean 50/50.
Upkeep only during the week
Take the pressure off and just concentrate on the bare minimum when life gets crazy. Sometimes the mere thought of the amount of laundry to fold can send us into a tailspin, so? Don’t fret!
A quick wipe of the kitchen benches, lighting a gorgeous candle and picking up a few toys here and there can do wonders for the overall feel of the house. Seriously, as long as the kids are fed and the house is habitable, you get an A+++ from us.
If just reading this made you want to hide under the covers, bookmark this piece and come back to it when you’re well-rested and caffeinated.
Want to win an Ultimate Natural All-Purpose Cleaning Kit of your own? We’re giving away 3 kits to busy mums and mums to be in Australia!
To enter the contest, simply post a photo to Instagram of Facebook of your home with the hashtag #ResparkleClean and tag us. For a bonus entry, share your fave speed cleaning trick! 3 winners will be chosen on November 1st, 2019. Happy cleaning!