Natural Holiday Home & Gift Ideas
And finally, here’s a simple recipe that you can put together at home for your loved ones.
- Herb Rub: 10 minutes
- Packaging: Less than 20 minutes
This batch will make five 1/2 cup mixtures, with an extra 1/4 cup.
- 1-1/3 cups kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ⅔ cup dried parsley (.4 oz bottle)
- ⅓ cup dried thyme
- ¼ cup dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ cup dried shredded lemon peel
- ¼ cup coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
Herb Rub Instructions
- In a medium bowl, stir togethers salt, parsley, thyme, rosemary, lemon peel, pepper, garlic powder and onion. Divide mixture among ½ cup glass jars or gift tines, stirring occasionally as you spoon.
- Cover and label jars or tins and add hang tags with directions for use.
Instructions for use as a rub: Lightly brush pork, chicken, lamb or fish with olive oil. Tub the herb mixture evenly over all sides of meat, poultry or fish. Let stand for 15 minutes. Grill or Roast.
Supplies for packaging: Labels, Kraft Cardstock, 4 oz. Glass Jars, String, 1/8″ Hole Punch and Scissors or Paper Cutter.
- Print rub instructions hang tags onto cardstock, as you can see I used brown kraft cardstock.
- Cut it out, fold over and punch a hole, then attach.