“Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a prince…..”
or so the saying goes.
The fact that eating a big breakfast can have positive effects on your health doesn’t give you license to abandon healthy eating principles and eat whatever you want. Build a big breakfast around nutrient-dense foods to get the most benefit from eating a morning meal.
And did you know that people who eat breakfast also tend to eat a healthier overall diet, one that is more nutritious and higher in fibre. People who skip breakfast are more likely to miss out on important nutrients?
This gluten free, paleo-friendly banana walnut muffin is the Resparkle girls’ favourite morning rocket fuel. It’s a perfect grab and go brekky you can make over the weekend for a busy week. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Recipe from the beautiful Jessica Sepel.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped/crushed
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven on bake to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Top with chia seeds and banana slices
- Bake for 25 minutes.